NAustralian Education International Australian Scholarships Promotion Officer x 2A challenging career opportunity exists for two experienced persons to be appointed as Australian Scholarships Promotion Officer, at the Australian Education Centre (AEC), part of the Australian Embassy, Jakarta. AECs are the official source of information on study in Australia and part of Australian Education International (AEI) which supports Government-to-Government activities and promotes Australia’s education, science and training services in Indonesia.
In May 2006, the Australian Government announced an increase its scholarship numbers to the Asia Pacific region to 19,000 by 2010. The expanded Australian Scholarships program builds on current scholarship schemes provided by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) and the Australian Department of Education, Science and Training (DEST). Under the Australian Scholarships, there are three scholarship programs offered in Indonesia – DEST’s Endeavour Awards, AusAID’s Australian Leadership Awards (ALAs), and AusAID’s Australian Development Scholarships (ADS).
Developing and implementing targeted annual promotional strategies for the separate Australian Scholarships (ALAs, ADS and Endeavours) including the design and coordination of events, out reach activities, and information sessions.
Design, distribution and management of scholarship promotional and information materials.
Identifying and encouraging appropriate candidates to apply for scholarships to ensure AusAID and DEST receive sufficient numbers of high quality candidates to meet the policy objectives of their Programs.
The provision of quality counselling to interested applicants on study options in Australia and the different scholarship programs offered by the Australian Government.
Liaison and coordination with other Australian departments, the Indonesian Government, education institutions, the media and civil society groups involved in AusAID’s program on scholarships.
Developing and maintaining relations with Australian Scholarship alumni to include them in promotional events and relevant AEI activities.
1. Marketing and strategic planning skills of a high order.
2. Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including a high standard of spoken and written English and bahasa Indonesia.
3. Highly effective liaison, coordination, networking and negotiation skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities under pressure, exercise initiative and take responsibility for achieving business objectives.
5. Sound knowledge of the Australian and Indonesian education systems.
6. A post-graduate qualification from an Australian university is preferred.
7. Sound knowledge of the Australian aid program and the whole of government policy.
8. Demonstrated experience working in a client-focused organisation
Minimum salary level; (BB3) Rp 6,730,845 per month.
Expressions of interest, including a curriculum vitae, are being sought.
Applicants are advised that their application must address the selection criteria for this position. Applications that fail to do so will not be considered. For enquires about the position please call: Vonny Lisayani – 021 522 9675 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications should be addressed to Dr. Shannon Smith, Director, AEI Indonesia, Australian Education Centre Jakarta, Sentra Mulia 6th Fl. Suite 615, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav X6 No. 8, Jakarta 12940 fax 021 521 3745